In Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2, when setting up Anywhere
Access, you may get the “Internet Connection Not Available” error at the
end of the wizard.
Although I am not sure the exact item that caused the issue, here are the items I changed to resolve the issue.
- After you receive the error, “skip” the error.
- Go to Server Manager, Tools and choose DNS. Right click your servers name and click properties.
- Under forwarders, add a public DNS service, like OpenDNS (184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11)
- If you are running Server Essentials as a Virtual Machine in
Hyper-V, under the VM properties > Network Connections, un-check
- Reboot the Essentials Server.
- Don’t re-run the wizard. Open the Dashboard and go to Settings >
Anywhere Access, and it should appear with no errors and Anywhere Access
should now work.